Total Pageviews

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

I don't think my brain is functioning quite yet- Day 1

OK, so, I'm new to this, but I do have a goal. Firstly, I should start out by saying it's way too early in the morning for me to be attempting this, but alas, such is life.

I'm about to embark on an overly-stressful journey.

The basics: I'm thirty-ish, married to a wonderful man. I have too many absolutely amazing although irritating children, and I suffer from moderate to severe bipolar disorder... Oh, and did I mention I have ADD too? Oh look! A butterfly!

My hubby who is working diligently has lovingly left me to handle our relocation from where I am to major heat next month ALL BY MYSELF! And no, I do not have the luxury of having big burly men to pack, load, and unload our houseful of crap. It's ALL me.

So, I've enlisted the help of a couple of friends to help me organize and load up our first truckload. Should be so much fun. My knees and back are already hurting at the thought of it. As much as I dread the upcoming manual labor, I am very excited about the new house.Where we're moving, not so much. I lived there before we moved to where we are, and specifically remember that the last car that I had there with leather seats still has remnants of my skin melted into it. Desert heat aside, I do miss some aspects of desert. I still have loads of friends there, and there's so much fun stuff to do. Where we are is surrounded by farming and meat packing plants, and a lot of other stinky, smelly things.

Over the next 365 days, I'm going to take you on a journey, sometimes wild, sometimes silly, and maybe even sometimes sad. You won't be hearing boring work rants or stories about how much I hate my boss at least. I'm my boss. Or should I say, my kids are. They are my job now. It's a thankless job, but has it's rewards.
I do promise to entertain. I'm not always so tired and out of it as I am now. Give it a chance, and you won't regret it. Or you will, whatever, I don't know you anyway! To quote one of my favorite chick-lit authors, "Shalom Bitches!"

No comments:

Post a Comment