Total Pageviews

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Day 107, The dishes are calling, but nobody's home...

So, I've been on kind of a cooking kick lately.  We've been trying to cut back on needless expenditures to put more money in the bank.  Being a self proclaimed foodie, I have taken to this quite well, having meals planned out for the upcoming week, and rarely deviating from them.  I have found, however, one fatal flaw to this master plan; that would be the growing pile of dishes.  My mother will be laughing at this statement, since we all know that payback's a bitch.  But, come on people!  Is it really too much to ask that you RINSE a single dish?  Of course, I do realize that's asking a lot, since most of the dishes don't even find their way to the sink without my assistance.

I must plan my attack on this carefully, for fear the natives will  run away, screaming back to their little holes, never to be seen again.  I could indeed threaten to starve the little buggers out of their nests, but  there must be a keener approach to the dilemma at hand.  Assigned after-dinner chores might work, but I fear that might cause more problems, as one child may drag out the first part, making the second one have to stay up late to finish the rest.  And, if I just made one of them take care of everything per night, I'd still end up with one kid not getting to bed until 2 am on a school night.  Hmm, maybe I passed my procrastination onto them?  I didn't realize this was genetic. 

I could theoretically make them fend for themselves, but who would actually win there?  Oscar Mayer, that's who.  They would end up eating nothing but hot dogs, sandwiches, and frozen pizza every night.  I'd ultimately have to roll their bulbous bodies to the bus stop each morning.  Doesn't sound too appealing to me.

So, I suppose it's going to take some effort to get them into some sort of semblance of a daily routine with the dishes.  I WILL be victorious in the end, albeit bruised and battered along the way.

2 comments:

  1. Your mother is enjoying a moment of "Wow! Something really did rub off!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I would hate to admit it... but more than ONE thing rubbed off!

    ReplyDelete