Total Pageviews

Friday, May 7, 2010

Day 3

So, the first of our pair of U-Hauls has left the building. Unfortunately, only about two-thirds of what SHOULD have made it in the truck did, due to lack of help on the packing side (me included in the lacking). But we still have another giant U-Haul ready for us in 2 weeks. Which means I have to pull my head out of my ass long enough to be of assistance. And it also means, I better get my ass in gear with the packing. 

Since the U-Haul left the house at 0'dark thirty this morning, I decided I deserved a break from avoiding carrying heavy things, and slept in. Then I watched a couple of my Tivo'd shows and then I took a nap.  It really is an exhausting thing watching people sweat their asses off.

So, at least a little motivation struck, just before the kids got home from school. I decided to clean up the remnants of the garage. Throwing away crap and sweeping. All the dust and leaves have left me feeling dirty. Maybe now I deserve a long lingering bath?

Thank God I don't live closer to my mother, or I'd really be working. She'd have me wiping down the baseboards and hand-picking lint up off of the carpet before I even have the cleaners come. Why is it that most people feel the need to clean, before they have professionals come in to do the job they just did?
Hmm, food for thought.

As a self-confessed foodie, I own ALL things that foodies and technophiles alike dream to own. I spare no expense when it comes to food and technology. (insert, "aw, poor hubby!") I'm quite aware of my addiction and now try to limit myself to a splurge on these items to two or three times a year. If I didn't, my hubby's big-ass paychecks would be gone in a matter of hours, and I'd be impatiently waiting for my next day deliveries, since I refuse to wait any longer for the food mill I didn't know I needed.


I'm not sure if this happens to be related to my bipolar disorder, but I'm claiming it as my excuse, so poo on you if you disagree.


Speaking of food, I think I hear my Williams-Sonoma Catalog calling my name. Check in later!

No comments:

Post a Comment