Total Pageviews

Thursday, May 13, 2010

Tell her what she's won Johnny!

You know it's one of those days to just climb back in bed, when you can't even climb out in the first place. As I said earlier, I woke up with massive back-pain... Well, pain be damned, I still managed to get a little bit done, again as I said before. But, alas, procrastination has once again reared its ugly head. I did manage to get all the boxes taped up and ready for use, but then my youngest child, who we shall now refer to as "the evil one", managed to put the kibosh on all things productive.

Why is it, that when you're actually attempting to accomplish something relatively important, your children decide it's "THEIR" time? The evil one chose to barrage me with mundane and unnecessary questions and requests. If it was just "I'm hungry" or "I'm thirsty", I wouldn't have nearly lost all my marbles. But, the kid has a MILLION fricking toys and decided today was the day that they weren't fun anymore. Even Spongebob was of no help. I tried reasoning, I tried including her, I tried giving her a job, I tried yelling, I tried bribing, all to no avail. I was NOT going to get away without giving her my undivided attention as she bombarded me with requests to go play with her friend... who wasn't home, and won't be until Sunday. No matter how many times I tried to explain to her the situation in as simple of words as I could, there was no placating the evil one. She screamed, kicked, threw the standard four-year-old tantrum, and now, I mean, JUST now, she has finally settled down and is more than likely passed out from her hysterics.

And now, when I could actually get some work done, my pathetic butt needs to go to sleep myself in order to attempt to make it to the stupid clinic TOMORROW for my lab work... My lack of the ability to remove myself from bed this morning prevented that from happening. So, I have lost the fight today... I shall pick myself up by my bootstraps yet again tomorrow, to attempt the neglected tasks from today. I bid you all a fond farewell and sweet dreams... I'm taking a sleeping pill, and I'm NOT sharing!

No comments:

Post a Comment