Total Pageviews

Thursday, May 13, 2010

Day 9, it's my anniversary, aww shucks!

Today, Hubby and I have been married for five years. A day for celebration, don't you think? Well, maybe it would be if I weren't up to my eyeballs in boxes and bubblewrap. Oh, and also maybe if he were less than three thousand miles away from me right now. The sad truth of the matter is that we've only celebrated two of our anniversaries. He's literally been gone for more than half of our marriage. No, he's not locked up in some prison somewhere, he's been working diligently and dangerously in the middle east for nearly three years. I have gotten to see him a handful of times, so it's not completely horrible. Just kinda tough trying to raise three kids on my own... and don't even get me started on this whole moving thing!

Whoops.. too late!

So I mentioned last night we ran out of boxes... It was a good thing too, because this morning it took a crane and the National Guard to get me out of bed. A couple of pain-killers later, I became somewhat mobile and managed to get all the clothes folded, hung-up and put away. No small feat, if you've ever seen my mountains of laundry.  So, now, I sit and ponder where to go next. I should be lighting fires under my childrens rears toget them going on packing their stuff. My theory for them is "if it ain't packed, it ain't going." And yes, I teach my children to use terrible grammar, just to keep their teachers occupied. You know they really don't have enough to do with the 20 other kids in their classes.

Other than the smoke emanating from my childrens' backsides, I'm thinking it might be time to start packing up the knick-knacks. I mean, I'm not sure how I'd be able to function without severe back-pain anymore anyway. Might as well kick myself when I'm down, right?

Maybe if I feel sorry for myself long enough, I'll develop some pity and help myself out. Again, this is when multiple personalities would come in handy.

Anywho, I guess I'd better start building me some more boxes to fill.... They aren't going to do it themselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment