Total Pageviews

Sunday, May 9, 2010

Well I guess I'm up NOW- Day 5 (Mother's Day)

Isn't it some sort of cardinal rule to let Mom sleep in on Mother's Day? So much for that one... That's ok. Paybacks a bitch. And I'm REAL good at payback.

As for yesterday's lack of posting, I managed to procrastinate about blogging long enough to forget about it until, well, until this morning. Yesterday my phone was ringing off the hook with questions and status updates for the first U-Haul unloading expedition on the Arizona end. I never did get much packing done around here. And yes, I'm using the constant (although welcome) interruptions as my excuse. It's quite overwhelming trying to get motivated to pack when you know that roughly half of the crap you have should just get thrown out or donated. I need to get one of those portable dumpsters put in my living room and just start tossing. I think my trash to treasure ratio is nowhere near even.

Our new house is roughly twice the size of our current one, but is unfortunately majorly lacking in storage space. I certainly hope there's a Container Store nearby or we're going to end up with crap scattered all over again like we have now. Ugh. Can't handle that much chaos again. If we keep accumulating worthless crap, I'm going to have to consider selling one of the kids. Or maybe I should just quit buying stuff for the kitchen...

Since it IS Mother's Day, I'm going to be focusing my energies on getting my kids organized and their extraneous crap packed for the move. This way, I won't really be doing the packing. I'll be the foreman on the job site, and it will be my gift from the kids to clear out the family room of all their clutter. YAY! What an inspiring thought!

No comments:

Post a Comment