Total Pageviews

Sunday, May 9, 2010

A moment of silence for all the moms out there

I'm only asking for a "moment" of silence, because all moms know that asking for anything more than one moment is like asking a politician not to lie. I find it truly amazing that three children, who all happen to be in different parts of the house, can still manage to have a knock-down drag out fight. You could hear the screaming from my house halfway down the block.
You'd think I was beating them senseless, but alas, I try not to break the law on that one, and more often than not, I'm not in any of the rooms with them when the fights break out. Although you may find me huddled in a dark corner in my closet praying for Mary Poppins to magically show up on my doorstep with Burt the chimney sweep to take them to the other realm of sidewalk drawings and fox-hunts.

I find that reality has no place in my fantasy world. Besides, Ed McMahon should be showing up at my doorstep any minute with an over-sized check for 10 million dollars. Wait, is he even still alive? Either way, it's my fantasy, so he is and he's on his way.

No comments:

Post a Comment