Total Pageviews

Monday, October 18, 2010

Pavlov ain't got nothin' on me!

So, everyone who's completed high school psychology has heard of Pavlov's Dog... I have not only proven this theory, but put it to good use around the home.  We recently celebrated two birthdays, which means I have an excess of cupcakes and cake lying around my house.  Children LOVE cake. 
     I say, take that cake and use it to your own advantage.  I have successfully managed to get my now 5 year old to clean her room FOR REAL, not just shove everything in the closet so Mom "thinks" it's clean; and have even managed to get the now 12 year old to keep his nasty, stanky socks out of my family room... I tell you... Cake can work wonders in the house. 

     I may actually start making cakes, just so my kids will do what I want.  You may call it bribery, but I call it a happy home.  If a little bit of flour, yeast and sugar can make my kids actually pick up after themselves; well, call me Marie Antoinette, and "Let them eat CAKE!"

     You can use cake for darn near anything.  Need laundry separated? CAKE.  Need floors vacuumed?  CAKE.  Need toilets cleaned???? CAKE!!!!  Damn, I rule!  Why didn't my mother think of this when I was a kid????  Of course, this is the same woman, who, when I turned sixteen thought it would be a good idea to get me a french silk pie to celebrate the occasion... Have I not mentioned I HATE pie????

Ok, so, pumpkin pie is good, but other than that... not a big pie fan.  I have never made the slightest inclination for anyone to assume I actually even tolerate pie, much less will eat it without there being turkey, dressing and mashed potatoes to accompany it. 

So, I have completely gone off topic... ADD anyone? Oh look! A butterfly!

No comments:

Post a Comment