Total Pageviews

Thursday, May 20, 2010

Day 16, Is that a light at the end of the tunnel I see?

Ok, so tomorrow is the big day. We're loading up the truck. I don't know whether to rejoice or have my standard bipolar conniption fit. We're technically not done packing, but a lot of it can't be done until we're actually ready to get loading... like taking beds apart and moving dressers. I'd feel a diaper-load better if everything was actually already in the garage ready to load, but realistically, I know that can't happen. As much as I wish I had Samantha Stephens bewitching powers, I have to accept I'm human and things can't get done with just a twitch of my nose; much as I'd like them to.

Luckily tomorrow, I have some big burly help coming to load up the truck while a couple of the "chicks" and I finish up the last bit of packing. Today was a good day as far as packing went. I had some really motivated friends come help me and we made up for a lot that didn't happen when I had a less motivated friend "help" me the other day. The stress level is still higher than a meth-addict on a four day bender, but I'm getting there. Once the truck is loaded, I may run out of interesting things to say... I find unpacking to be much less stressful, and I can take my time and make everything perfect; just like my lovingly anal-retentive husband would like!

I tell ya what, I don't know how I got through the last couple of months without my shrink. I had my last appointment with him today, and I almost cried. Now I have to start over and break in someone new. And, let me tell you, finding a shrink that fits your personality is like finding a bra that doesn't leave horrendous strap marks in your shoulders. So, I guess I will still have something to write about in the next few months... I hate having to break in new doctors, much less shrinks. It's almost like trying to find a new best friend, or interviewing a prospective employee. You have to be careful. Some will hand out pills like candy, some won't give you anything, and then there's the perfect mix of the doctor who will give you only what you need, and nothing more. That's my new mission, as soon as I get mostly unpacked.

Well folks, I'm off to la-la land, only to rise early and pick up my U-Haul and get moving yet again... I really need a vacation!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment