Total Pageviews

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Children to kill... People to see....

Ummm, where do I begin to recount the last two weeks of hell, I mean, life... Whoopsie! So, it's been, I don't know how many days since my last post... I'll do the math tomorrow. But, I'm am so ONE with Murphy.... Whatever could go wrong, HAS.  First off, we ended up not fitting absolutely everything in the last U-Haul, so we apparently left a few gifts for my nephew to acquire for his move. Nothing major was left behind... A chair or two, the back patio set that was old and decrepit, inside trash cans, and inside/outside rugs. Like I said, nothing major.... Until I had to repurchase all of these things... minus the backyard patio set... We're waiting to actually have a backyard before we buy a new one... OMG! I think I spent at LEAST one of hubby's "enormous" paychecks just restocking the crap we lost, granted, that includes restocking the fridge and freezer too, which we had to leave that stuff behind...

Everyday, it's one dollar after another for some unforeseen charge or necessity.  There goes the retirement fund... WHOOSH! Did you hear it? I did! I finally unpacked the last box for the kitchen today, (insert comment on how long it took here). Unfortunately, I was on the phone with hubby WAY too late to try to even start cooking anything for dinner for the kids; and hubby's friend came to the rescue to run to get them something, YET again. At least tomorrow I can cook breakfast, make lunch, and cook dinner. That'll be a first in a long time. If it weren't for my meds, I'd probably have two boxes unpacked, and nothing but cereal, milk, and beer available.  Poor kids would be eating cereal and fast food, and I'd end up with a 400 pound, 4 year old! Plus, the older two would be pretty chubby by now... (Although, they could stand a little meat on their bones!)
So, anyway, I would say that the inside is 90% unpacked... there's still a few things to be done, but once that's done, the inside is good.  And then... dum, dum, dum.... is the garage.  Talk about World War III! Our first load was unfortunately hastily thrown haphazardly into the garage; and now, it's MY problem.... More on that tomorrow.  Goodnight Blogosphere... God Bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment