Total Pageviews

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Procrastination or Bust! Day 8

Ok, so I got off to a slow start today, not dragging my butt out of bed until mid-morning. Once I did get started, I got flustered. I decided to start on the kitchen and pack stuff we wouldn't need or use for the next two weeks. Well, it was smart in theory. As I began to pack the first box I started to worry that if I packed everything in order, I would have boxes full of pots and pans that would be way too heavy for anyone to carry, so I eventually decided to pull everything out of the cabinets and put it all in my empty front room; that way I could strategically place things in boxes and not have any one of them be altogether too heavy. ( I had first just started picking things out individually) Smart, right? Maybe for anyone without ADD!
I then had about 4 boxes in front of me, with one item in each, stumped as to what I should put in next. 

I then enlisted the help of Hubby's friend, who, may never have been diagnosed with ADD, but is as easily distracted as I am. This is where it becomes amusing... Being a self-professed foodie, I buy all the gadgets... We've covered this before. The problem arose, when I realized that it wasn't just the kitchen cabinets that we needed to unload.... My food-tech obsession had taken over the ENTIRE closet in our office. Oops. Forgot about that.

So that took about another hour to get all my crap out of the office. I am so proud to say, that after four hours of work, I've managed to pack and tape... ONE...WHOLE...BOX.

At this rate, I might be done with the kitchen sometime toward the end of the summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment