Total Pageviews

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Day 57... AGAIN!

Ow. My brain AND my body hurt. And I still have to look forward to the drill sergeant kicking my hind-end tomorrow. Why am I not asleep yet, you ask? Or maybe not. But either way I shall answer the question, so get over it. Ha.

Let's see, where shall I start? Um, had to empty out the kiddie pool we have sitting out back, to keep some coolness available until we actually get a REAL pool... Hmm, that was fun... It was pretty gross. I let it go unrefilled just a bit too long. I tried doing it without letting the air out at first, only to fall in face first. Yummy. There were dead crickets and one GIANT, UGLY roach in it. EWWWWW. I managed to get past that part, only to realize I was fighting a war that I was guaranteed not to win. So, I gave up, let out the air, and all was well. Or so I thought. The dog, not mine, decided to roll in the mud, thus sentencing himself to being stuck outside until he received a good cleansing, which would have been just fine and dandy, except the little one decided to open the door and let him run around ALL over the family room carpet. Luckily, I caught him relatively quickly, and respond appropriately with cleaning solution, hence, problem resolved.

Next issue, the water softener that was already in the house before we moved in, was out of salt. It needs salt? Why doesn't anyone tell you this before you move in? Helloooooo, this is me we're talking about. Technology is my forte, not equipment/manual labor type stuff. Thank God, yet again for hubby's friend. He is my new super hero. Especially since half of our mister system was clogged due to lack of filtration. And, I must say, that during days of the mid hundred-teens... so not good. This is what I get for being a girl about this kind of stuff. Don't take that wrong... not ALL girls are as dumb about these kinds of things as I am, but so not my bag of chips.

I got to the point of singing that song from West Side Story and Anger Management.... "I feel pretty, oh so pretty. I feel pretty and witty and GAY!"
Talk about having a moment of clarity. I've always had the proudness of being a pretty smart chick, but I have never felt like such a mentally challenged person until this evening. Instead of needing beauty sleep, I think I need some brainy sleep. On that note, I wish everyone, all one of you, a wonderful night and sweet dreams. Maybe I'll complain about my muscle soreness or something tomorrow... Nighty-night!

No comments:

Post a Comment