Total Pageviews

Friday, July 2, 2010

Day 59, I am schooled yet again...

So, remember the good old days when I could still at least twitch some of my muscles after a workout with my sticky-sweet personal trainer, that I call 'Satan's spawn'?  Neither do I.  I can't recall a single positive memory in my brain, thanks ever so much to what Don called, "muscle-breakdown."  Muscle breakdown would definitely be an appropriate description for what he's done to me.  Yesterday, we worked on shoulders, back, and upper arms.  And we really worked them.  Being a self-confessed upper body wimp, I did not take this well.  Don had found my weak spot with such joy and delight in his sadistic eyes, I thought he was going to dance around me sing-songing, "I'll get you my pretty, and your little dog, too!!!"

I know in the past I've threatened my limbs falling out of their sockets and ripping from my body, but I didn't know the true pain associated with that until now.  For instance, this morning I got up to do my business, whistling a merry tune, that is, until I tried to pull my undies back on. Since when does this normal, multi-daily action hurt someone???  Since Don, the personal trainer from Hell, entered my life; that's when.  I only have movement from below my elbows, which allows me to still send my complaints of pain out into the blogosphere.  But, I must admit, I am making many more typing errors now.  So, if there's any I've missed after posting, too bad, I'm too whiny to fix them.

So, I think we've about come full circle, Don, the beastmaster and I.  He has officially broken every part of my body so far, only to start yet again on Monday. Yay me. Maybe it will get easier. I'm sure for most folks it would, but Don has promised me that when it does get easier, he gets meaner, tougher, and a whole lot pushier. Someone remind me why I signed up for this?  I thought it was to get in shape to feel better, not feel like I've just been run over by an Abrams tank.

I think I'll be off for a little water therapy at the pool today; provided I have the muscle capacity to steer the car straight....

No comments:

Post a Comment