Total Pageviews

Sunday, July 11, 2010

Day 68, I think I might be melting....

I blame my erratic posting on this horrible heat.  I'm impatiently waiting for fall to arrive so I can begin to enjoy 80 degree weather again.  I have never been a fan of the triple digit temps here in the desert, but it seems as though my tolerance has gotten even worse.  A few weeks ago, I thought I was beginning to acclimate myself to the unjust heat here, as I was becoming a more productive person. Alas, I have been proven wrong yet again.  Thank goodness I have a lot of refrigerators, maybe I'll make a new home out of them so I can stay cool.  Plus, I'll conveniently have snacks and drinks within reach.  Hmm, insane as it is, not a bad thought in theory.  Having to use the restroom would present a complication.  Oh well, scratch that thought. 

I have been on sabbatical from my twice weekly visits with the beastmaster at the gym, so I'm pretty certain that tomorrow I'm going to feel his wrath.  At least I won't go in there already achy and sore.  I don't even know which muscle groups we're going to work on, so that makes my fear that much greater.  Will I be unable to sit?  Unable to stand?  Unable to count to ten?  Either way, I'll be returning home in sheer pain; that much I can guarantee.

I have temporarily placed myself in time-out, in order to avoid having to replace my children.  The last few days have been a riot.  And by riot, I don't mean funny.  I mean call in the National Guard riot.  Who knew that an eleven year old could fight so much with a four year old.... and still lose?!?!?  This is when I send my good thoughts and thanks to my shrink; for without his medication, I might be curled up in a ball in a hidden corner in my house somewhere talking to the nice little pink and purple polka-dotted penguins that live with me.   If there is one thing I have learned so far in my journey to find normal, it's that sanity breaks are mandatory.  No matter what it takes to get one, it needs to be gotten.  Sometimes, the only sanity breaks I get are locked in my bathroom for a few minutes longer than required, and sometimes it's timeouts like these... Having the kids in separate rooms watching TV and me outside, braving the heat and watching my skin melt before my eyes. 

Last week was one mess after another, or should I say, one hoop to be jumped through after another.  I was supposed to be at my folks' in Colorado on vacation, but as things often do, situations arose that made it nearly impossible and completely un-vacationlike, so I chose to abstain from the trip, which at this point I'm not sure was the right thing to do, but I'm sticking with it.  But, now that I think about it, it probably was the best thing.  I'm pretty sure I wouldn't have enjoyed my time with the family as much as I should have.

Well, I guess my time-out is over... Time to get back to mommy duties and cleaning.  Maybe I'll have some funny stories for you later.  I certainly HOPE I do anyway!

No comments:

Post a Comment