Total Pageviews

Monday, July 19, 2010

Day 76, AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH

This should be a pretty boring post today, but I figured it's been a few days, so I'd post anyway.  I finally get my oldest back from my sister today.  Thank goodness, she's my in-home sanity check.  Although, the morning didn't exactly start out drama free, it was pretty minor compared to most days.  The only screaming came from the guinea pig because he had run out of water.  My oldest called me a little freaked out because, although she's flown alone before, she's never had to check in and get herself through security without one of the family going with her.  She's smart, and more than capable, so I'm positive there won't be a problem.  She's just a little anxious about it.  It's amazing to me.  The first time I flew alone, I was so excited to be able to take care of myself, just like a real grown-up.  Of course times were different back then.  None of the craziness that has happened in the past ten years was ever a thought in anyone's mind.  It was only the standard fear of flying that would make plane trip scary to anyone.  Now you have to wonder if the guy sitting next to you has C-4 in his underwear.  I'm pretty sure she won't be worrying about that.  She'll be worrying about being able to find the baggage claim when she lands or how messed up her hair got on the plane.

So, since today started out so quietly, maybe I'll actually get something accomplished!  I know, I'm reaching, but hey, it could happen.  Laundry has to be done sometime, and if I keep avoiding the bathroom, I'll have to move again soon, because it will take on a life of it's own and maybe put a hit out on me.  So, to avoid a mafia hit ordered by my bathroom fixtures, I shall now complete my post and light a fire under my own backside and maybe, just maybe, get something productive done today.

No comments:

Post a Comment