Total Pageviews

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Day 85, Mother Nature is having an identity crisis...

Ok, I really think Mother Nature has officially lost her marbles.  We finally get a break from the heat, we've gone below 100 degrees (YAY!), but she's still being a pain in my arse by sending the hideous humidity with the cooler temperatures (BOO!).  She's cooled us down, but has been pouring on the humidity, like maple syrup on pancakes.  We are not a breakfast food, lady.  Give us a break!  I use the syrup metaphor, because it so closely resembles how I feel when I'm outside... STICKY! Yuck.  I might as well take a bath in syrup at this point.  It can't be any worse than what we've got.

Anywhooooo, so maybe Mother Nature isn't the only one who's lost her marbles.  I still haven't realized just how much I hate working out, until I'm actually working out.  Yesterday, I arrived at my scheduled rendezvous with the Evil Little Troll man thinking, "Okay, I can do this... It's only an hour of my life."
Boy, was I wrong!  I was more wrong than Obama's healthcare plan.

I won't go into details, but I will say this... if I have to choose to do another lunge or to die? I choose death.  My rear end is threatening to strike if I don't give it a break soon.  Thank goodness I only have four sessions left.  If it were any more than that, I might lose the use of EVERY muscle in my body. It feels like I did two thousand lunges yesterday, but I'm sure it was closer to one hundred.  Either way, it hurts.

So, I finally got my new driver's license for Arizona today.  That was fun.  Two hours of waiting for five minutes of actual work.  WTF?  At least I was entertained for a few minutes.  I watched as a man was accosted just outside the exit doors by a man who was trying to recruit people for some sort of work (possibly illegal), because the man who was handing out info didn't want the other man to take a picture of his sign... Hmm, let's see.  Can we maybe go bold and assume that whatever the guy was trying to recruit for wasn't on the up and up, since he had such an issue with the other man taking a picture of his sign?  I'll probably never know, but my mind can certainly come up with some crazy ideas.  You know I'm always good for crazy ideas.  Here's one: If I ever have to stand in such a long line again, I shall possibly put a pillow in my shirt and pretend I'm in labor to get to the front of the line... Food for thought.

So, it's off to dinnerland for me.  I'm not exactly sure what the chef is going to cook, but I'm sure it'll be edible.

No comments:

Post a Comment