Total Pageviews

Monday, November 1, 2010

Technology has officially made me stupid...

I am a bookworm.  To most avid readers, I am what one might call obsessive when reading.  Very little can rouse me from the story I'm drawn into. 

I purchased a Kindle (electronic book) a little over two years ago, and have definitely gotten my money's worth.  Unfortunately, this has also caused some loss of normal motor functions. 

As I picked up a regular old hardback book this morning, I immersed myself into a world of wonder.  That lasted for exactly one page before my thumb tried to hit the "next page" button on the paper.  At first, I laughed at myself.  But then it happened again three more times!!!  As if that's not bad enough, after a couple of chapters, I closed my book to get some lunch.  Whoops.  No bookmark, no automatically going to the last page I had read.  I had to actually SEARCH for my page.  I'd like to write it off as coming down from an excessive amount of Halloween candy last night, but unfortunately, I didn't actually eat any candy. 

So, I've come to the conclusion, that as much as technology teaches us, it also kills off certain brain cells required to do things the old-fashioned way.  Is there an app to get that back?

No comments:

Post a Comment